mandag 16. desember 2013

July 2013 part II

Around mid-July I felt it was time for a big remake of the graphic design. Since I wanted the game to be as little text-dependent as possible I wanted to make graphic symbols for many of the key-elements of the game like knights, pikemen, bowmen, attack, move, cost, supplies, veteran-status, elite-status, etc. With these in place I could then later on combine them into new symbols for important rules such as that moving uphill costs 2 move, that one farmland yields one supply, etc. I also renamed the Cavalry to Knight since I felt that Knight had more medieval flavour, while I think Cavarly has a more dry, game-technical feel to it.


I still used the old game pieces for the armies with the old graphic the design for a few months after this, since I knew I was going to make new 3D-printed pieces soon, and didn't bother with printing, cutting and mounting 270 new paper-pieces when the old ones worked ok for testing purposes until I got the 3D-printed ones made.




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar